- This event has passed.
Monday 8th June 2015
11:00 AM to 12:00 PM Stiles Community Centre View Map
Monday 8th June
at the Stiles Community Centre,
It has been scientifically proven that the body cannot tell the difference between
fake and real laughter!
Laughter Yoga combines the concept of ‘laughing for no reason’ with Yogic
breathing (Pranayama). Laughter is created within the group by making eye contact
and cultivating childlike playfulness. Soon the fake laughter develops into
Did you know that the majority of visits to the doctor today are stress
Laughter Yoga shows us how to manage the stress in our lives.
• Strengthens our immune system
• Releases feel good hormones called Endorphins
• Reduces the amount of stress hormones within the body
• Increasing the number of natural killer cells and increase in anti-bodies.
• Laughter Yoga promotes an awareness of the breath – when we are stressed,
emotional or faced with a trauma our breathing patterns can change dramatically
• Increases the levels of oxygen within the body and brain which results in feeling
more energised and healthy
• Laughter Yoga connects groups & communities which results in improved
• Laughter Yoga builds self-confidence and improves communication
I look forward to laughing with you!